Open Space and Natural Resource Assessment
In 2003 Arrowwood Environmental, LLC was retained by the Enosburgh Conservation and Planning Commissions to conduct an open space and natural resources inventory for the town of Enosburgh.The project had four primary tasks:
- agricultural lands inventory and assessment
- scenic resources assessment
- recreational resources inventory and assessment
- ecologically sensitive resources inventory and assessment
The project was conducted over a twelve-month period from March 2003 through March 2004. This report documents the findings of Tasks 1 and 4. Tasks 2 and 3 were conducted by the Office of Robert White, and the report for these tasks is provided separately.
The complete report, as provided by Arrowwood Environmental, includes the report in MS Word format, all images, GIS data, and a simple Geographic Information System(GIS) viewer for Windows can be downloaded here.
Notes on Viewing the Report InformationYou can enlarge the report images and view the report to learn about the essential information it contains.
Viewing the report information offline is also possible by downloading the report and images in a zip file as follows:
Better GIS viewing tools are available today than the simple tool included with the report.
We have created project files and instructions for these:
- Vermont Interactive Map Viewer from the Vermont Center for Geographic Information(VCGI). The Vermont Interactive Map Viewer has the advantage of allowing GIS data to be viewed online in any web browser making it platform and operating system independent. The disadvantage is that you'll need a fast Internet connection. To use, follow these instructions.
- ArcExplorer Java Edition for Education (AEJEE) is a free desktop GIS for Windows and Macintosh (OSX). To use, follow these instructions.